With this upgrade, two microcontrollers in the device are exchanged for a more powerful version with more program memory. This makes the following new features possible:
- Feature: Hardware checks at power-up (memory check, data integrity checks), with corresponding error messages in the display.
- Feature: Currently supported memory size is now up to 32 GB depending on the card type. Support of FAT32 in addition to FAT16.
- Feature: Multitrack support. Up to now it was possible to store only one GPF file on the card. Now up to nine different GPF files are supported. Each GPF file can be assigned a firing channel.
- Feature: After every 50th power-on of the device, a memory maintenance is initiated. This ensures even higher data integrity over the lifetime of the device.
- Feature: Bilingual menu (German and English) implemented, selectable in the menu.
- Feature: Radio field strength calibration implemented. This increases the accuracy of the radio range metering and compensates for component tolerances. The radio module is factory calibrated. However, calibration can be performed by the user on site after a firmware update. If calibration is necessary, this is indicated each time the device is powering up. Once calibration has been performed, it can be repeated at any time by pressing ‘Mode’ when powering up the device.
- Feature: Now it is possible to deactivate the acoustic warning after a deep discharge. An individual code can be defined by the user, which must be entered if the acoustic warning is to be deactivated. However, the indication that deep discharges have occurred still takes place and can only be reset by Galaxis Support.
- Optimization: Umlaut support in GPF project names implemented. If the project name in the GPF file contains umlauts, these are now also correctly displayed on the LCD.
- Optimization: Range test result, last range test result, interfering radio signal strength and remaining battery capacity are displayed with a maximum value of 100%, instead of 99% as before.